Tying up loose ends

How do you prepare for a two-year-long trip with a two-bag, eighty pound limit?
The Peace Corps has sent me an overload of information, and as I arrange all of my loan deferments, insurance priorities, power of attorney information, and everything else I never could have imagined, I’m making sure to spend time with those I love and eat my favorite foods.  I now leave in less than a month, can you believe it?!
I think the full effect has still yet to hit me. 
TJ and Mark arrive tomorrow afternoon (woohoo!) for a quick visit to Colorado.  Then, March 18, they leave and I will depart with my mom, dad, and brother to Los Angeles for our last family vacation for a while.  We arrive back home on the 25th, my going away party is on the 1st of April, my last day of work is April 3rd, then I leave April 9th/10th. Boom boom boom, and just as quickly as this process started, I will be living in Africa…… Say what!??
Last weekend I met a wonderful girl named Tate, with whom I will be traveling from Colorado to Philadelphia, then to Botswana. Meeting her made me all that more excited, and set some of my worries at ease.  I no longer feel like I’m stressing about this alone. 
I’ve also been listening in on a couple conference calls with people currently in-country so I have been milking them for knowledge and information. 
I used to fear all of the unknowns, now that I’m learning more and more about my living situations, I’m mostly just fearful of taking the next steps. 
But fear is a good thing, keeps us on our toes. 
The number one thing I'm wishful for is for these butterflies in my stomach to let me sleep at night.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cribs: Botswana Edition

Ke Teng